I believe in continuously refining and restructuring my classes to accomodate changing trends in the industry, without compromising on teaching the fundamentals. In summary, the following quote by Rabindranath Tagore, who won the Nobel prize in literature in 1913 summarizes my teaching philosophy:
"A teacher can never truly teach unless he is still learning himself.
A lamp can never light another lamp unless it continues to burn its own flame"
Spring 2020 course
Database Theory and Design (CS5332)
Lecture: Tuesday : 6:30pm - 9:20 pm, Derrick Hall 240
Courses taught at Texas State
- Web Services Engineering (CS5369G)
- Introduction to Databases (CS4332)
- Object Oriented Design and Implementation (CS3354/CS4354)
- Enterprise Application Integration (CS5376)
Courses taught at other institutions
- Introduction to Database Systems - topics include logical and physical dsign, and implementation using a commercial DBMS system.
- Database Systems and Implementation - topics include query optimization, storage management, and transaction management.
- Next Generation Databases - topics include OODBMS, UML design, distributed DBMS and web DBMS.
- Introduction to Database Systems (distance education version)
- Prolog Programming